I read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green this summer. In this book,
there is a girl, named Hazel Grace Lancaster, with Stage IV Thyroid Cancer. She
meets a boy, who used to have cancer, named Augustus Waters at a cancer support
group. They both love, An Imperial
Affliction, a book by Peter Van Houten who lives in Amsterdam. After some
conflict the two of them finally get to go to Europe to meet the author.
Throughout their time together, they fall in love. Sadly, at the end of the
trip, Gus tells Hazel that his cancer came back. A little while later Gus
dies. Hazel and his parents suffered through a lot of pain and grief. But just
like it says in the book “Pain demands to be felt” and “The world’s not a
wish-granting factory”.
I love this book because it is very
inspirational and deep. Be ready for tears, because this book is very sad if you get attached to the characters. If you
like realistic fiction and/or romance books, then you would love this book! I also love this book because it opens your eyes to the real world. You can see that lots of people struggle with cancer. Cancer is a terrible thing that can happen to anyone and most people take their good health for granted. We don't see how lucky we are to be healthy and living. I also love this book because I love the theme.
The theme of this book is to live in the present and to never worry about if you are going to be remembered when you die. It doesn't matter if you are a famous movie actor or a MVP Basketball Star. Just like it says in the book, being loved widely isn't as important as being loved deeply. Another theme of this book is about struggling with loss. Pain is temporary. Dolly Parton says a quote that was used in the movie. That quote is, "If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain.
Great job Elizabeth! This summary was almost as good as the book :P The only thing I would add would be a little more about their love. But other than that you did an outstanding job! (:
ReplyDelete