At the end of the story, Whitney and Emily's Aunt come around and prove to be kind, loving people who just want to make Emily happy. All of the things they did that Emily thought was out of pity was really out of love and generosity. Zander and Emily get back together which, if you read the book makes you happy. At the very end of the book when Emily finally gets back to her faith and everything is coming to a close, an unexpected twist occurs.
When her dad is at work, he slices his arm with a tool in the car shop and almost dies from blood loss. Emily was very scared and upset while her father was in surgery. The doctor was worried he would lose function in his arm but after some rehabilitation Emily's dad will be fine. I think the incident actually made Emily closer to Christ which is a very good ending to this amazing story. I would recommend you read it if you haven't.
http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/6-ways-to-praise-god-during-hard-times/
Elizabeth, I really like the way you described this book. It sounds very interesting and I want to read it!
ReplyDelete